Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Güellin palatsi / Güell Palace

Barcelona 2.3.2016.
Palau Güell on kartano, jonka arkkitehti Antoni Gaudí suunnitteli teollisuuspohatta Eusebi Güellille. Kartano rakennettiin vuosina 1886-1888. Se sijaitsee Carrer Nou de la Ramblalla, El Ravalin kaupunginosassa, Barcelonassa, Kataloniassa. Se on osa Unescon maailmanperintölistaa "Antoni Gaudín työt".Keskellä on tupa, jossa viihdytettiin seurapiirien vieraita. Vieraat tulivat kartanoon hevoskärryineen edestä, rautaporttien kautta. 

Vuonna 2004 vierailut kartanoon keskeytettiin remontin vuoksi, kunnostustyöt valmistuivat huhtikuussa 2011.


The Palau Güell is a mansion designed by the architect Antoni Gaudí for the industrial tycoon Eusebi Güell, and built between 1886 and 1888. It is situated in the Carrer Nou de la Rambla, in the El Raval neighbourhood of the city of Barcelona in Catalonia, Spain. It is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site "Works of Antoni Gaudí".

The home is centered on a main room for entertaining high society guests. Guests entered the home in horse-drawn carriages through the front iron gates, which featured a parabolic arch and intricate patterns of forged iron-work resembling seaweed and in some parts a horsewhip. Animals could be taken down a ramp and kept in the livery stable in the basement where the servants resided, while the guests went up the stairs to the receiving room. The ornate walls and ceilings of the receiving room disguised small viewing windows high on the walls where the owners of the home could view their guests from the upper floor and get a 'sneak peek' before greeting them, in case they needed to adjust their attire accordingly.

The main party room has a high ceiling with small holes near the top where lanterns were hung at night from the outside to give the appearance of a starlit sky.

In 2004, visits by the public were completely suspended due to renovations; some of the stone used in the original construction was weak and has cracked over the years causing structural problems within the building. It is currently completely open with all restoration work completed in April 2011.

It was used in Antonioni's film The Passenger as a backdrop for the first meeting between Jack Nicholson and Maria Schneider.










0 kommenttia / comments: